We’re hiring a Brewer!
Upstreet was founded in 2015 with the mission to Refresh The Community. As Prince Edward Island’s only B Corp Certified Company, we are doing business differently and making an impact. We brew award-winning Upstreet craft beer and Rewind seltzers and, after only a year, have achieved national recognition and distribution with Libra, our innovative line of non-alcoholic beer. This is your opportunity to join one of Canada’s most unique breweries and beverage producers and help us achieve our vision of creating & owning the category of balanced lifestyle beverages.
The Brewer is an integral part of the production of beer and non-alcoholic beer from grain to glass as well as the production of other beverages including vodka seltzers and sodas. They are responsible for the production of beverages, and maintaining scheduled tasks in the brewery. Here, you will use your experience and passion for making beer in a production setting and follow specific procedures to operate the equipment and maintain a high standard of cleanliness. An eye for detail and commitment to excellence will be required to ensure quality standards are met.
Specifically, the job duties will include:
- Brew days tasks (brewing, cleaning, milling, etc)
- Cellaring tasks (carbonation, fermentation logs, transfers, etc)
- Maintain documentation of batch records, cleaning logs, product specifications, brewing logs and SOPs
- Completing quality control checks throughout the process
- General brewery cleaning and sanitation
- Helping with packaging activities
- Other tasks as requested
The qualifications for success in this position include:
- Technical knowledge and experience in brewing or cellaring
- A passion for craft beer and quality
- A keen attention for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to follow standard operating procedures
- The ability to problem solve
Working at Upstreet:
This is a full-time permanent position. Brewery hours are typically 6AM-6PM during peak production. Brewers work 8hr shifts such as 6AM-2PM or 10AM-6PM. Some evening and weekend work as dictated by the beer fermentation schedule.
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume and cover letter when applying. We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
We will review all applications, and look forward to hearing from you.
We will be accepting applications until April 12th!