Upstreet Craft Brewing is looking for an eager, motivated individual with experience in food and beverage management, who is looking for an opportunity to use their skills in an engaging workplace. If you are passionate about customer experience, enjoy leading teams, and have an interest in craft beer and food, this may be the opportunity for you.
In business for almost four years, Upstreet Craft Brewing is a leader in the community of Charlottetown. We’re the first business on PEI to become a B-Corp, which means we’re part of a global movement of leaders that find innovative ways to use business as a force for good. We meet the highest standards of excellence through community involvement, constant growth within our team, and of course our beer, food and soda!
Now we are looking for a General Manager to oversee our three food and beverage operations as well as our online retail store to help us build our reputation for remarkable service and quality products.
Reporting to the CEO, the GM – Food, Beverage and Retail will use their leadership, knowledge and experience to oversee the operations of the Upstreet Taproom, Craft Beer Corner, Founder’s Food Hall Bar, and our online retail store. You will work closely with the assistant managers at each location, overseeing budgets, growing sales, managing creative marketing initiatives and promotions, and assisting with recruitment and training of staff. You will be an integral member of the Senior management team at Upstreet, helping us to grow and achieve our goals.
Core Functions and Duties
- Oversee the successful operations of our Food, Beverage and Retail division, working with assistant managers to achieve our long-term business goals.
- Oversee divisional budgets, ensuring food and labour costs are within target.
- Work with team to implement and manage creative marketing and promotional initiatives.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members to ensure a refreshing customer experience.
- Continuously develop, improve and consolidate systems and efficiencies across all locations.
- Oversee inventory controls and supplier relationships.
- Help with coordination and execution of special events in all locations.
- Oversee online retail store and other growth initiatives.
- Encourage a culture that continually strives for improvement, while maintaining our mission to Refresh the Community.
- Strong leadership skills, with an ability to motivate and collaborate with team.
- At least 2 years general management experience in a restaurant setting.
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in business or hospitality.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with a strong focus on great experiences.
- Experience managing budgets, costs and forecasts.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Positive, solution oriented attitude.
- Strong knowledge and love of craft beer.
Working conditions and schedule
- Full time permanent salaried position.
- 40 – 45 hours per week, with irregular hours and occasional overtime.
- Competitive industry salary, benefits, vacation, wellness plan and professional development opportunities.
How to apply
We are looking forward to bringing on our next awesome team member. To apply, please click on the following link: http://bit.ly/2U209qZ
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
Deadline for applications: March 29, 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
We thank all candidates for applying but will only be contacting those qualified candidates we interview.