Upstreet Craft Brewing is looking for an eager, motivated individual with experience in production brewing who is looking for an opportunity to embrace their passion for craft beer and use their skills in an engaging workplace. If you have an attention to detail to make and care for beer (and other beverages), this may be the opportunity for you.
In business for over five years, Upstreet Craft Brewery is a leader in the community of Charlottetown. We’re the first business in PEI to become a B-Corp, which means we’re part of a global movement of leaders that find innovative ways to use business as a force for good. We meet the highest standards of excellence through community involvement, constant growth within our team, and of course our beer and seltzers!
Now we are looking for a Senior Brewer to help us grow our production and build our reputation for consistent and quality beverage products.
Acting under the Head Brewer, the Senior Brewer will be responsible for brewing and maintaining scheduled tasks in production. Here, you will use your experience and passion for making beer in a production setting and follow specific procedures to operate the equipment and maintain a high standard of cleanliness. An eye for detail and commitment to excellence will be required to ensure quality standards are met.
Specifically, the job duties will include:
- Making vodka sodas, and our non-alcoholic beverage offerings
- Preparing grain
- Cleaning fermenters and brite tanks
- Beer transfers
- Carbonation management
- Beer additions
- Quality checks
- General brewery cleaning and sanitization
- Other crossover tasks in brewing, packaging, and warehousing may be required as requested by the Head Brewer and/or Operations Manager.
The qualifications for success in this position include:
- Technical skills and experience in brewing and brewery cellaring tasks (at least 5 years)
- A passion for craft beer
- A keen attention for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to adhere to schedules and follow standard operating procedures
- Enthusiasm for a job well done and an overall positive attitude
- Ability to problem solve and work in an adaptive environment
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs and comfort with ladders
- Experience with barrels, sensory evaluation, food safety, and micro aspects would be an asset.
Working at Upstreet:
This is a full-time permanent position. Includes irregular hours and some evenings and weekends.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply for this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.