Upstreet Craft Brewing, Charlottetown, PEI
Help us “Refresh the Community”
You have a passion for customer service, building meaningful relationships and using your creativity and resourcefulness to find solutions. You are searching for an opportunity that will let you embrace that passion and use your skills while building a meaningful career in beverage / CPG sales.
We’re Upstreet Craft Brewing, and we’re excited for you to join our team.
In business since 2015, Upstreet Craft Brewing is a leader in the community of Charlottetown. We’re the first business in Prince Edward Island to become a B-Corp certified company, which means we’re part of a global movement of leaders that find innovative ways to use business as a force for good. We meet the highest standards of excellence through community involvement, constant growth within our team, and of course our product line – beer, seltzer, non-alcoholic beer and soda!
We are looking for an Account Manager to help us ensure our customers have the right products with the right support to uphold our reputation as an attentive and consistent business partner.
Your goal in this position is simple – be Upstreet’s lead Brand Ambassador as you represent our products and values with customers and the whole community.
You’ll play an integral role on our team as you work with current retail and licensee customers to ensure they are well informed about Upstreet products and have the right tools to sell them confidently and accurately.
You are also focused on expanding the reach of our brand. You’ll be expected to reach out to customers around the Maritimes as you seek out new opportunities, qualify new customers and support established ones throughout the region. Eventually, you’ll even be able to visit them.
You will help develop and execute sales plans and strategies. You’ll be tracking your weekly activities to show how your hard work is helping to hit our overall sales objectives.
You’ll also be directing the plans and supporting off-site events and activations as we set-up with customers and the community. These vary from case to case so being prepared is key.
You have a great attitude and are highly organized. You’re enthusiastic and work well in a team but also independently. You’re creative, strategic, and extremely comfortable having meaningful conversations with customers to understand their needs even better than they do.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Regularly meet with established customers to stay tuned-in with their individual needs and understand their business
- Find opportunities to grow volume and brand awareness with current customers
- Visit retail stores to ensure product is properly stocked, merchandised and staff are well educated on Upstreet products
- Travel throughout the Maritimes (when it is safe to do so) to identify and meet with potential customers to determine where there is a good fit with our products
- Track your schedule of visits and activities while communicating insights back to the team
- Plan and execute events that reinforce Upstreet’s brand and presence in the community
- Work with the team to ensure successful new product launches and hit product-specific sales objectives
To succeed in this role, you’ll have excellent:
- Engaged Listening Skills – You ask insightful questions and always ensure you understand what people are trying to say. You come away from a conversation with a clear summary and know what next steps are expected.
- Goal Setting Skills – You know the importance of setting a goal and taking the required steps to achieve it. You don’t see the path forward as one large obstacle but as a series of solutions to resolve.
- Interpersonal Skills – You’re great with people and work well in teams. You communicate your ideas effectively and implement feedback from others well.
- Organizational Skills – You’re a pro at planning. You understand that productivity is all about efficiency and time management, and you always get the most out of your day and each week.
Working at Upstreet Craft Brewing
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Friday, with occasional weekends and evenings as required. We offer an attractive salary commensurate with experience, and a full benefits package and vacation.
We are growing quickly, and we’re looking for people who want to join the ride and grow with us. You’ll have the opportunity to take on new challenges, and grow your role as we grow.
This position requires a valid Class 5 driver’s license and requires travel throughout the Maritime provinces to meet with accounts and attend events.
We like to call this place home, and we hope you will too.
- Experience working in a sales role, preferably in beverage, alcohol or CPG
- Experience in hospitality industry is an asset
- Outgoing, self-motivated, resourceful, and resilient
- Ability to meet and exceed customer expectations and communicate exceptionally
- Proficient in word processor, spreadsheets, Email and CRM applications
- Degree or diploma in Commerce, Communications or related studies is considered an asset
How to apply
We are looking forward to bringing on our next awesome team member. If you think that’s you, please click the link to apply!
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
Deadline for applications: Friday March 19th, 2021
Start date: As soon as possible
We thank all candidates for applying but will only be contacting those qualified candidates we interview.