Accounting Technician/Office Administrator
Upstreet Craft Brewing
Upstreet is looking for an enthusiastic, committed individual with exceptional attention to detail
to join our office team. As the Accounting Technician and Office Administrator, you would be the
person with all the answers (or at least know where to find them). At Upstreet, we are a B Corp
Company and are committed to fostering connections and building community by crafting social
beverages and experiences that bring people together and make them smile.
The core values of the Upstreet team are:
● Accelerate Change: We seek opportunities to do good and promote positive change.
● Nurture Trust: We build relationships based on honesty, respect, and integrity.
● Bring Joy: We bring joy through the door and strive for a positive attitude.
● Own your Impact: We are accountable for the decisions we make, the work that we do,
and the spaces we share.
● Inspire Imagination: We continuously seek out opportunities to learn and grow.
If that sounds like you, read on!
As an ideal candidate:
– You have at least 2 years’ experience in an accounting Role.
– You are a master at Quickbooks (or on your way to becoming a master)
– You are familiar with payroll legislation and processes as well as WCB legislation.
– You excel at building relationships with your customers, vendors, and the Upstreet team.
– You can reconcile bank, credit card, gift card, and clearing accounts.
– You are a critical thinker and enjoy problem solving.
– You have knowledge of PEI Provincial and Federal Excise
– You have knowledge of processing project claim forms for ACOA, NRC, Skills PEI,
Innovation PEI etc.
– You can process AP/AR and run aged reports.
– You are flexible, willing to learn, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
– You are a self-starter and are comfortable working without supervision.
– You can multitask & prioritize.
Practically speaking, you will:
– Own the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable duties.
– Work with all departments to ensure all information is readily available for the Controller.
– Process bi-weekly payroll
– Ensure smooth operation of the office including assisting with IT issues, ordering
supplies, assisting with event planning.
– Coordinating of materials for B Corp certification
– HR support
Being you at Upstreet
Upstreet is a creative, people-centered, beverage company. This means we celebrate
our diverse communities and the individuals that make this place wonderful. As an equal
opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s
If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process, please let us
know as soon as possible. You may request an accommodation by contacting Michelle Cooper,
Financial Controller, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information you provide regarding your need
for accommodation will be kept confidential and will only be shared on a need-to-know basis in
order to facilitate the accommodation process.
To apply, please submit your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit
for this position to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are
selected for an interview will be contacted.