Production Manager – Upstreet Craft Brewing
41 Allen St., Charlottetown, PE
Upstreet Craft Brewing is looking for an eager, motivated individual with experience in food production and/or manufacturing, who is looking for an opportunity to use their skills in an engaging workplace. If you love solving complex problems, enjoy leading teams, and have an interest in craft beverages, this may be the opportunity for you.
In business for almost four years, Upstreet Craft Brewery is a leader in the community of Charlottetown. We’re the first business in PEI to become a B-Corp, which means we’re part of a global movement of leaders that find innovative ways to use business as a force for good. We meet the highest standards of excellence through community involvement, constant growth within our team, and of course our beer and soda!
Now we are looking for a Production Manager to help us scale our operations and build our reputation for consistent and quality beverage products.
Reporting to the CEO, the Production Manager will use their knowledge and experience to ensure that production in the brewery runs in an efficient and cost-effective manner, while holding quality in the highest regard. You will make certain that production needs are met and inventory is managed accordingly, all within an operational budget. You will work closely with the team, not merely overseeing operations, but occasionally having a hands-on role in production and acting as a leader to those working in production areas.
Core Functions and Duties
- Inventory Management: Ensure supplies and materials are adequate for efficient production, oversee logistics for shipping and receiving, administer inventory management system and ensure product inventories are accurate.
- Performance Measurement: Develop performance and productivity metrics for all production areas and hold team members accountable for achieving these goals.
- Budget Management: Develop projections and manage budget for brewery ‘division’ as approved by the CEO; Collaborate with the Finance Manager, negotiate with suppliers, etc.
- Production Scheduling: Create schedules for brewing, cellaring, packaging and daily operations, managing production staff to ensure schedules are met; Collaborate with Sales Manager and Head Brewer when developing production schedules to ensure demands are met and waste is minimized.
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance: Ensure the highest quality standards, by working with the production team to develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of production, maintenance and QA/QC.
- Sustainability and Process Improvement: Seek out innovative solutions to continuously improve brewery processes, performance and sustainability.
- University Degree or College Diploma preferred
- 2 years experience managing and leading a team
- 2 years experience in manufacturing, food processing experience preferred
- Experience in GMP/HACCP
- Budget management
- WHMIS, Forklift, and First Aid certificates an asset
- Lift up to 50 lbs and perform repetitive tasks
- Class 5 driver’s license is required, special circumstances will be considered.
Working conditions and schedule
- Regular work schedule is Monday to Friday, 8:30 pm – 5:00 pm in the off season and Monday to Friday 8:00 pm – 5:00 pm in the summer. The position is salaried and the work schedule will require some flexibility (occasional evenings and weekends).
- Working conditions include loud and sometimes wet environments. Environment may include hazards and hazardous material, with workplace safety protocols and procedures in place.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects up to 50lbs on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks.
- Required to work in a fast paced and sometimes hot and humid environment.
How to apply
We are looking forward to bringing on our next awesome team member. If you think that’s you, click here to apply http://bit.ly/2Fp5LDR.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply.
Deadline for applications: Friday January 28, 2019
Start date: As soon as possible
We thank all candidates for applying but will only be contacting those qualified candidates we interview.